- China is celebrating Lunar New Year as it ushered into the Year of the Ox.
- It is one of the most important Chinese festivals, also known as the Chinese New Year or Spring Festival.
- Though the occasion is meant to be spent with family and friends, the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has made the celebrations a little different.
- China entered the year of Ox, people welcomed the spring, good luck, and new beginnings by staying up late after a feast on New Year‟s Eve.
- Iraq invites 52 countries to monitor elections
- The Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) of Iraq has sent invitations to embassies of 52 countries to monitor the country’s elections slated to take place on the 10th of October this year.
- IHEC Spokeswoman Jumana al-Ghalai told the media that the Commission‟s law allows the recruitment of international observers to monitor the election process to ensure its transparency.